Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Disneyland Paris Part One

Most Americans going to Europe would never dream of going to Disneyland Paris. Why would you want to waste you time there, when you have the whole continent of Europe at your feet. Go to Orlando if you want to go to Disneyland, they would say. And I can see their point. With so many incredible places to see in France alone, spending a precious day at Disneyland Paris does indeed seem like a poor choice in travel plans. However, in my case, a trip to Disneyland Paris was a must. My wife and I went on our first date at Disneyland. For many years we lived in Orange County, California, and would go to the park a couple of times a year. I drove a taxi in Anaheim for a few years, and took many a smiling face to Disneyland. So, I developed an affection for Disneyland. We also took 3 vacations to Florida and had to go to Walt Disney World each time. So, when we went to France for a vacation in 2002, Disneyland Paris was at the top of the list. (Ok, Mont St. Michel and the Normandy beaches were higher on the list.) Anyway, to make a long story short, we took a day at Paris to visit Disneyland Paris. And I must say I was very impressed. The entire park looks gorgeous, and the amount of detail work that went into it is incredible. It is without question the prettiest of the Magic Kingdoms I've been to. Superior to the Orlando park in every way, and about equal to Disneyland in Anaheim. The original Disneyland is my sentimental favorite, but I feel that Disneyland Paris is a park that Walt himself would be very proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home