Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Historic Charleston..Then and Now

I was just looking through a collection of Civil War photographs that are located at the Library of Congress website. They had a collection of photos taken in Charleston, South Carolina right at the close of the war in April 1865. In looking through the pictures, a bell went off in my head...I had taken very similar pictures just last April, when we visited Charleston on vacation. So I began looking through both the historic and my modern photos, and found some that were taken at virtually the same location, creating an interesting then and now look at Charleston at the end of the Civil War in 1865, and 140 years later in 2005. Here are a few examples...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home