Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Boston's Neighborhoods Part 2: Beacon Hill

Beacon Hill is the oldest, most historic and most exclusive neighborhood in Boston. It is full of narrow, tree shaded streets and is a perfect neighborhood for walking...if you don't mind a few hills. It's probably the image most people have in mind when they think Boston. It's history is centered more around Black Americans than the Revolutionary War. It was the first neighborhood in America that was predominantly occupied by middle class Blacks, going back to the 1790's. The Abolitionist Movement in the decades before the Civil War was especially strong here. You can pick up a walking tour of the Black Heritage Trail at the National Park Visitor's Center. Nowadays, the color of Beacon Hill is green, since it's become a very expensive neighborhood to live it. But it's still free to walk around. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home