Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Digital Photographs

When digital cameras first came out, I wasn't too interested in getting one. We'd always put our pictures in albums, and took them with us when we wanted to show them off to anyone. I figured that with digital photographs you'd have to lug your computer around everywhere you went. But my wife talked me into getting one in late 2001, and I was instantly hooked. I love how the pictures look on a computer monitor screen. The clarity of the picture and the rich fullness of the colors made me a believer. I look back at my old 35mm prints, and can instantly see how inferior most of them were. The problem I have now is that a vast majority of my travel photos were taken before digital, either with a point and shoot 35mm camera or an SLR 35 mm camera. In order to add some of these older pictures to my web site, I've had to scan them. The quality of these travel photos aren't up to par with the newer digital stuff, but I have a lot of 35mm prints I like and want to add to this site. Below is the first set of Scanned Prints from 35mm. I will attempt to make a notation whenever a photo has been scanned. But it should be fairly obvious due to the inferior quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home