Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Boston's Neighborhoods Part 3: The Back Bay

The Back Bay is the most elegant neighborhood in Boston. Created on landfill over a 50 year period in the mid 19th Century, it doesn't have the same sense of history that Beacon Hill and the North End have. But it more than makes up for this in style and charm. The streets run straight in the Back Bay, a novel idea for the city of Boston. And this creates a wonderful sense of scale that other Boston neighborhoods lack. Stand on Beacon Street, or Marlborough Street, or Commonwealth Avenue and the Back Bay seems to stretch forever. Block after block, street after street of tree lined, brownstone flats. Marching as far as the eye can see. If I could live anywhere in Boston, I would definately choose the Back Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home