Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Monday, May 02, 2005

Curacao

Curacao is one of the wealthiest islands in the Caribbean. This is due to the numerous oil reserves found in the nearby waters. The entire island is dotted with oil refineries. Still, Curacao is a very pleasant island to visit. I didn't visit the interior of the island. We consentrated on the Punda neighborhood of the largest city, Willemstad. Willemstad is a great city for walking. It has some of the best architecture in the Caribbean, along with numerous pedestrian only streets. There is a lively waterfront, European style outdoor cafes, and friendly people. One of our favorite Caribbean islands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home