Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Isla Margarita

Isla Margarita is an interesting study of contrasts. There is a great deal of poverty on the island, and we saw people living in shacks with no doors or windows. On the other hand, there are plenty of signs of wealth on Isla Margarita. The roads are in good condition. Many of them are wide 4 lane highways. There are numerous enclosed malls and big box stores that are very similar to the United States. Downtown Porlamar, the island's largest city, is full of upscale stores and restaurants. There are many nice resort hotels. But there are just as many empty shells of construction sites that were begun, then abandoned. Part of Venezuela, Isla Margarita is a pretty island. It has a desert look to it, and is punctuated with numerous hills and mountains. There are many historical attractions to visit. Isla Margarita is trying hard to become a destination island in the Caribbean, and I feel that they can very easily become one in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home