Travel Photos

This website is where I post travel photos from my various travels. It is a random sampling of some of my favorite pictures and places, rather that a travelogue type of format. I prefer this site to be a photographic glimpse of places in general. I hope you enjoy. ***NOTE: I don't update this blog frequently any longer. If you'd like to see more of my photos you can check out my Flickr site here: My Travel Photos

Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Dominica

Dominica is one of the most scenic of all the Caribbean islands, and it is also one of my favorites. It is not a major tourist island full of all inclusive beach resorts. And that I think, it it's biggest charm. It has the feel of an older, slower Caribbean. The main reason for this is the fact that there are no good, sandy beaches to be found on the island. It is a rugged, mountainous island full of waterfalls, boiling lakes, emerald pools, and other natural wonders. The island attracts the low key Eco-Tourism market. I found the local people to be friendly, and very polite. On more than one occasion while taking pictures in the city of Roseau, the people walking down the street stopped until I completed my shot, smiled a 'Hello' at me and continued on. I highly recommend Dominica to anyone looking for a slice of the 'other' Caribbean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home